Author Topic: CALVINBALL!!!  (Read 17850 times)

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
CALVINBALL!!!
« on: March 03, 2006, 12:50:56 am »
Okay, this one will be moderated by me fairly closely.  I got the idea from another forum that I post on.

This is fairly simple.  We play calvinball, using no objects other than what would normally be found in Calvin's backyard (also anything in a croquet set is legal - i.e. wickets, mallets, etc.).

Each poster must post as either Calvin or Hobbes.  You will always post opposite the poster above you.  If you are Calvin, then your posts need to look like this.  If you are Hobbes, then your posts need to look like this.

Just make up a rule and have fun with it.  Bear in mind though, that you need to come up with a clever way to negate a rule if you don't want it to be in effect.

Be sure to end your post with an open ended action that the next person can use.

For Example:

Calvin bounces the ball into play off his forehead (as required since he started the game within the "forehead bounce zone") and runs towards his own goal, crossing into the hop on one foot border. 

Calvin hops frantically on one foot but trips in a gopher hole.

Hobbes scoops up the ball and runs to the rock of foreign national anthems, he throws the ball toward his goal while singing the Norwegian National Anthem (for double points, due to the Norwegian vocal scoring factor).

The ball bounces off the post of dizzyness.

Not too hard is it?  I'll be nice at first, but you need to try to get the hang of the game fairly quickly, as I WILL be deleting posts that just don't work.

Consider those two the first plays of the game, next person start with Calvin and the post of dizzyness.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:09:05 pm by Morgul »
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: CALVINBALL!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 07:12:25 am »
okay...Calvin gets the ball and runs around hobbes till he's dizzy and runs to his goal( when the other player is dizzy, triple points due to the dizzyness factor)
~Erica~

"if at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:36:53 am »
Hobbes spins around in his dizzyness and touches the flag of goal reversal.  Calvin is now running towards the wrong goal!

Hobbes quickly moves between Calvin and his goal, crossing into the "squawk like a chicken for two minutes" border.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 07:17:39 am »
Calvin steals the ball from Hobbes during the two minutes in his squaking zone and gallops like a horse across the field for an extra four points due to the Horsey factor.
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 03:24:40 pm »
Hobbes catches Calvin and puts a saddle on him (adding the "breaking in" clause to the Horsey factor). Calvin must now buck like a bronco while Hobbes scoops up the ball and runs toward the swing dance zone.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 12:52:05 pm »
Calvin squaredances his way over to hobbes and steals the ball while he's atempting to swing dance get the balls and cha-chas his way over to the goal getting a double point bonus for the dance combo move.
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 03:30:54 pm »
Hobbes sees Calvin make his move for double points and quickly does the banned-in-17-countries-ass-shimmy-of-point-reversal.  Calvin now loses two points. 

Hobbes runs to the spaceman zone.  Calvin must now perform the entirety of the song Rocketman before touching the ball.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 07:08:45 am »
Calvin sings Rocketman at superspeed thus gaining himself 2 points and because Hobbes is in the spaceman area, and goal he makes while calvin is singing gains Calvin points and Hobbes loses points (due to the superspeed superman rocketman complex) Calvin now steals the ball and runs to the hokey-pokey line. Hobbes now has to do the hokey-pokey in it's entierty at slow speed.
~Erica~

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 11:20:01 am »
But Hobbes is in the zero-gravity zone which is in the spaceman area, making him exempt from all dance manuvers. He gains two points for stratiegical placement

Hobbes takes the ball and hits the Red Wagon Wicket! Calvin has to pull the wagon behind him for 30 steps
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:21:51 am by Dawn »
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 09:24:57 am »
Calvin pulls the wagon behind him and runs hobbes over with it, thus gaining exemptness from the red wagon rule. Calvin also gains possesion of the ball while hobbes is picking his sorry ass off the ground. Calvin activates the post of doom which freezes hobbes in the middle of his ass-picking-up thus gaining himself a double points bonus for the picking-up-of-opponents-ass complex. Before Hobbes can make another move he has to shout out the score as it stands(becuase we have no idea what the hell it is now)
~Erica~

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 08:51:15 pm »
clavin yells hobbes it your fucking turn!
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 12:38:53 am »
Hobbes touches the flag of repurcussions and Calvin has 40 points deducted for dropping a weapons grade f bomb so close to armistice day.  Hobbes then walks into the zone of musical scoring, where he must sing all 19 verses of the "I'm about to score a point" song and then throw the calvinball.

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 10:42:36 am »
Calvin walks on his hands into the singing zone and does not have to sing the song but he can snitch the calvinball for a two point snitching tactic while it deducts 45 points from hobbes. calvin stands up and skips to hobbes' goal and makes a point
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:51:41 pm by Erica »
~Erica~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 07:33:06 pm »
 :hobbes: (this is why I got these emoticons - let's use them instead of the color)

Hobbes has the kick-off and cleverly bounces the ball off the "tree of marxist thinking".  Calvin must now recite the first line of the Communist Manifesto before he can re-enter play.  Hobbes grabs the ball, dons his anonymity mask and heads to the nameless zone.

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 08:43:01 pm »
[Offtopic]I think I have the hang of this, but I guess we'll soon find out.[/Offtopic]

:calvin:

Seeing as Hobbes now has no identity, Calvin takes advantage of the "Missing In Action" clause, therefore stealing all of Hobbes' points. He then makes a run for the "Ball Visible" ring and locates Hobbes. He then steals the ball and heads for the goal via the "Distorted Tracking Tube."
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 09:08:41 am »
 :hobbes:
using his distortion stalking tube, Hobbes steals the ball with calvin 10 inches away from the goal just for spite. using his Pokemon card of doom, hobbes flys over to calvin's goal.....
~Erica~

Offline Xite91

• Commander
  • if we werent all different we'd just be the same
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 12:02:26 pm »
 :calvin: grabbing his pogo stick, calvin tackles hobbs and steals the ball back taking 4 extra points (due to the super-high pogo jumping rule)
What if I wanted to break
laugh it all up in your face
what would you do?

- 30 seconds to mars

Offline xofelf

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 08:46:53 pm »
 :hobbes: meows and does the Puss in Boots eyes, thus gaining himself 6 points for the cuteness factor at the same time he has just stolen the ball using his kitty mental powers.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:52:51 pm by Erica »
~Erica~

Offline Xite91

• Commander
  • if we werent all different we'd just be the same
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 07:36:05 am »
 :calvin: Calvin uses a mental punt, losing 2 points (due to the rule against using mental comunications of any sort) but then does a backwards summersault and grabs the ball, earning an extra 3 points for the gynamstics rule.
What if I wanted to break
laugh it all up in your face
what would you do?

- 30 seconds to mars

Offline Corthos

• Captain
  • Querie: Does your brain fuction, meatbag?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 09:26:52 pm »
 :hobbes: Hobbes Grabs the staff of Bad A$$ Mother F@#ker-y and teleports, *BAMF* grabbing the ball, then teleports *BAMF* into the Mutant Gift Zone, netting 5 points for the little used "Blue and Furry" rule.