Author Topic: The "Deuce" (Deucalion) Fighter  (Read 7277 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
The "Deuce" (Deucalion) Fighter
« on: February 27, 2006, 07:27:29 pm »
This is a fighter Caenus is working on. I've nicknamed it the "Deuce"... Since pilots always nickname ships, and I doubt many who first see the name will want to attempt to pronounce it... I sure didn't. :P.

Below is my current concept model. I am going to do the entire thing up in a cad program as soon as I get more sketches. This just gives you an idea. Whatcha think?

--Chris

Note: I only spent time on the wings, NOT the body. There are also no engines. Also, the black panels are, I would assume (gotta talk to Cae about it) subspace engines. Helps with manueverability, ya know. :-p
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
Re: The "Deuce" (Deucalion) Fighter
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 07:29:17 pm »
One more, for shiggle and gits. Also, the rhino model is included, incase anyone A) has rhino... B) cares.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 07:35:52 pm »
Looking nice :-D...with some body work, this thing will be sweet.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 07:48:17 pm »
Ok, now for me to list some of the amazing specs of this thing..... In a new thread. Going to start one over in "Requested Models" so I can give you some history, etc. Check that out for information on this kickass fighter.

Wait, no, I'm going to go write a Wiki page for it. Yeah... :)

[edit:] Here's the wikipage. Enjoy. https://adidas.servegame.org/projects/precursors/wiki/ShipSpec/League/Deuce [/edit]

--Chris
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:29:51 pm by morgul »

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 01:09:04 am »
Ryguy, you are a texturing god, ergo - you need to get with morgul and help him with some textures.

Kinda like one of your earlier posts.

http://forums.g33xnexus.com/index.php/topic,255.30.html

the image named ship1 has some wicked skins.  I want something a little darker (lending to the fighters' name - Deucalion was the son of Prometheus, half titan, hated by the gods, feared by men, he hid in the shadows).
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 05:48:17 am »
Sounds awesome...but I dunno...this is in max's texturing system, which, according to morgul, isn't well supported atm :-/.  So, I could texture it...but if I did, I don't think it could really be implemented until later on anyways, when and if they improved .3ds mesh support in CS.   ...dunno.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 10:13:37 am »
Hmmmmmm . . . still . . . you might wanna help morgul with the textures - he's not the greatest ;D
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 02:34:23 pm »
I dunno...not all that good with UV texturing...at all  :-\.  But, UVW...that's different :D.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 02:39:48 pm by ryguy_1617 »

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 02:56:14 pm »
Okay . . . we'll figure it out.

Now for the bomber mode pics.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 03:17:36 pm »
storyboard for the transformation

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 03:54:56 pm »
Here's another wing idea..

--Chris

Also, as a side note. IT would be possible to ignore the split, and simple have the wings rotate, and fold up. Then torp launcers could come up form the bottom of the body.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:58:53 pm by morgul »

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 04:22:30 pm »
Yet another bomber idea - underhang bomb racks.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 04:32:54 pm »
Oh, and morgul - there ARE engines . . . you just failed to realize it.  The engines I designed for sublight speeds are cylindrical (reminiscent of the pod engines on Anakin's pod in Phantom Menace).

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 01:53:00 am »
Well, after spending waaaay to much time sitting on my ass, here's the latest screen shots of the inventor model for the wing. I think it's coming along nicely. I really like it. So, what do you guys think?

Btw, the wing is only about 90% done. Still some more work to do, as well as some texturing... (even though it's not 'real' texturing... just for show.)

--Chris

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 01:35:00 am »
Another quick update.

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 09:33:24 pm »
Man, I can't wait to see Ryguy get some ownage on that thing.... 8-)

Nice work Cae and Morgul!
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 04:11:48 pm »
Here is an updated screenshot, giving you a ruff idea of how it's coming together.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 06:24:22 pm »
Ah, even more pretty shinies! I like this fuselage much better.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 12:39:39 am »
I'm think I'm having an artgasm.