Author Topic: Burning desire for a new feature?  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Burning desire for a new feature?
« on: July 04, 2005, 10:40:13 am »
Well, Dave, Myself, and contingengyplan are hard at work on the next release version: 0.3.2, and 99% of what we're doing is basically bugfixes, and internal stuff, (which will hopefully make it more stable/usable in the long run). However, I'd like to throw in one thing that's new in this version that stands out... some new feature. However I figured I'd leave it up to the ppl on the forums to decide what feature should be in there. So, What do you want? (make suggestions, and I'll put a poll up after I get a few).

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline fehknt

• Special Users
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 04:07:03 pm »
decent masses on things so that things can be pushed around, and not just spun... which is really wierd.  Maybe this is counted in bugfix, but i doubt it.

also -- wasn't around for a while, things just got very busy and I got caught up in other projects.  I'm back, at least for a little while.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 08:52:53 pm »
No, it's a bug fix. We have masses on the objects..... nd no clue why they only spin. It's bugging me, and will be fixed as soon as possible. (It's gotta be something in our code, as the physics plugin we wrote now has a demo application (written by someone else) that proves that objects *Can* be pushed around.. why ours can't... I have no idea.

I promoise I'll look into it when I get some time.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett