Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Turret
« on: February 22, 2006, 03:01:05 pm »
I'm working on making a turret. The idea is that this turret is flush with the deck it sits in, and then when it's needed, it will pop out, and start firing. I figure this is a medium turret, which means it could do damage to smaller capital ships, and most certainly transports, and smaller craft, but primarily is used as a defensive turret against fighters.

Whatcha think? I can put my mind towards modeling when I feel like it. I think I need to do more, honestly.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Re: Turret
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:07:28 pm »
looking good :).

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 06:26:01 pm »
Here's some more shots of this thing as it evolves. All those pipes I put on there are parts of the external cooling system. It still has an internal coolling system for redundancie's sake. Orange is 'hot' while blue is 'cold'.

Also, the coloring is basic coloring Rhino supports, not textures. So, while it might look cartoonie, it's just the renderer I'm using.

The entire front section is mostly filled out. Now, I need to design the back... then I'll mock up a housing, and give some shots of that.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 07:42:15 pm »
Two more shots of the completely finished Read of the actualy gun module of the turret. The color of the pipe will change based on the type of plasma running through it. This is purple, so it's a carbon based plasma, and does medium damage. (Hydrogen is pink, oxygen is blue)

* morgul likes.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 08:19:19 pm »
*ryguy_1617 likes as well