Author Topic: New Testing Release! v0.3.2 "For Frickin' Finally"  (Read 4294 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
New Testing Release! v0.3.2 "For Frickin' Finally"
« on: February 21, 2006, 01:29:30 am »
Well, two days late, we've got a testing release. I'm calling it "For Frickin' Finally", since it's 2:12am, and whitelynx is jut finishing it up. We've got a quiz tomarrow at 9:00am, and this is just busting our humps horribly. Fact is, the windows build system needed a complete overhaul... something we were unaware of. We've been working on this for 8 hours straight today alone, and we're just finishing it up. Yeah, fun times at coder central.

That being said, we've got it. We've tested it on two systems. If it's horribly borked, and steals your pie, don't come crying to us. You'll get a laptop in the face.

Also, as an aside, our performance has gone up a tad. On whitelynx's lapop (Nvidia 6600 Go PciE) he gets a range of FPS from 570 to 120. Yeah, that's with about 51,673 polys on the screen. Suck it, Doom 3.

Ok, ok, so we have crappy textures, crappy models, no real lighting, etc. Shut up, we know.

Also, of note, we've trmmed the installer to 30.6 megs! That's down from 76 of the orriginal release! The most recent release is only 28 megs, but we've added many more megs of content... like a working menu! w00t!

Ok, I'm going to bed now. Testers, go test. *bows*

--Christoper "I'm as tired as a dead manic depressive insomniac that just swan the english channel in one go" Case
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:21:49 am by whitelynx »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
Re: New Testing Release! v0.3.2 "For Frickin' Finally"
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 02:21:32 am »
As an aside, I thought people might be interested in where to download this latest icon of programming prowress. (snicker)

http://www.g33xnexus.com/games/precursors/downloads/svn-precursors-0.3.2.exe

There. Now go away so I can finally sleep. -.-
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 09:38:57 am »
Oh, there's that too.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 12:10:58 pm »
Yeah, I was fixing to post on that, but I figured morgul was a noob. 

*smack*

Talk to contingencyplan - he has a hat for you.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 12:27:10 pm »
Actually, I knew I didn't post a link. Thing is, I went to bed before it was uploaded to the site. I told whitelynx to edit my post and put the link in. He decided to make me look like a noob, so I ran with it.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 03:20:16 pm »
You still get a hat.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 05:14:24 pm »
w00t!