Author Topic: Laptop V xbox 360  (Read 7625 times)

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
Laptop V xbox 360
« on: February 04, 2006, 08:17:16 pm »
Should I sell my xbox 360 and get a labtop? Dawns take on it is yes and it makes sense, labtops are usefull and the xbox 360 is somewhat overrated especially considering none of the games are really using its capabilities for a year or so.
So my question is should I sell my xbox 360 to get a labtop and if so any suggestions on a model? Im thinking a newegg one or a dell one but im not sure which one.
If I sell my xbox 360 my budget is around 700-800$.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 08:16:49 am by Caenus »

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Labtop V xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 08:50:55 pm »
If you're going to sell your Xbox, I'd suggest eBay - dunno how much you'd get, but probably make a profit off it, methinks.

However, I don't keep up with the eBay or console scenes, so hopefully somebody else can back me up on that.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Keith

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 10:13:33 pm »
if you decide to sell ur 360, newegg would be the way to go.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 03:09:02 am »
Laptops are nice. I own two. I bought the one I'm typing on off e-bay for $200. It's a damn good machine, with the best sound I've every hear on a portable device (a helluva lot better than tose $160 iPod speaker docks you can buy. Uggg.. those sound like this by comparison. Also, this laptop doubles as a cdplayer (no, no MP3, only audio CD) when it's off... it's pattery last about 10 hours in cdplayer mode, about 3 1/2 in regular use mode. All in all, a steal. (1ghz, btw)

So, here's my take. in three years, you'll wish you had that 360. Unless you have a need for a laptop, don't bother. Reason? You can save up some $$, and get a cheap one off e-bay. (I recomend Compaq 1800T's... they're the same one I've got. Heck they're decent enough to play CS and only lag some.)

C'mon.... an Xbox360 is the thing people are drooling over right now. Atleast keep your braggin rights for another few months.

Oh, as a note, if you're looking for a portable device that's not as expensive as a laptop, try this: http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/tx/ (I just ordered one... holy sweet mother of all... this thing ROCKS. Get a 2gig SD card, and who needs an ipod?)
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 06:39:31 pm »
yeah good point, but if I sell my 360 now with 2 games I could get 600$ on ebay, thats more then i paid for... And the price is gonna go down after awhile and the current games out there for it can be played on pc (COD2 Is actually just the pc version changed for xbox 360 no extra stuff)

What I could do is sell my comp I have right now for like 500 on ebay and custom make me an uber comp for 700 and then maby get a xbox 360 in a few months when halo 3 comes out.

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 01:07:28 am »
Sell the 360 on ebay - you'll get more than 600, easily.

Buy a laptop - it's my backpack, briefcase, workstation, TV, and telephone all in one.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 05:29:18 am »
Sell the 360 on ebay - you'll get more than 600, easily.

Buy a laptop - it's my backpack, briefcase, workstation, TV, and telephone all in one.

Same with me....I find it very useful [although a desktop for more pc power to speed up rendering and enable me to work with multiple high poly objects at the same time would be useful {saving $$ atm}].

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: Laptop V xbox 360
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 08:18:23 am »
Yeah, see I'm a graphic artist of a different kind.  I do all my stuff on paper.  However, I find my laptop to be an incredible aid in school - all of my notes are on this bad boy.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 01:50:30 pm »
nvm PROB sollvved
Got a deal for 4 latitude 1.8 ghz labtops for 1k on a local selling thing
Ill sell 3 of them for 400-500 and keep one for my self... prob solved
I also sell the xbox 360 and I think invest some of it in the stock called click commerce cuz it looks reall good.

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 02:52:26 pm »
Good luck with the stock.
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 03:09:03 pm »
went up 30% today (===.

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 03:13:19 pm »
Very nice, but I'd still say be careful.
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 03:42:24 pm »
hehe so would I ( =.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2006, 03:49:49 pm »
nvm PROB sollvved
Got a deal for 4 latitude 1.8 ghz labtops for 1k on a local selling thing
Ill sell 3 of them for 400-500 and keep one for my self... prob solved
I also sell the xbox 360 and I think invest some of it in the stock called click commerce cuz it looks reall good.

What are the specs of them? I might know someone who could really use one, and would be willing to pay about that much.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2006, 04:00:02 pm »
1.8 ghz pentium 4 256 mb ram 20 gig Hard drive

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 04:35:51 pm »
What about graphics card?

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 05:32:30 pm »
Built in, can't be too bad though considering its a relativly new dell latitude, once i get it ill check the exact spex on that.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 05:37:48 pm »
Ok, sweet.   No guarentees, but my younger brother might be interested in buying one...he was looking for a decent, cheap laptop.  I'll inform you if he is.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 05:56:48 pm »
kk, the deal isn't all in though I might not manage to get it on the end. But most likley I will.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 06:15:56 pm »
Ok, thats fine.