Author Topic: Major Progress, and bunches of Goodies Coming!  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Major Progress, and bunches of Goodies Coming!
« on: January 31, 2006, 12:16:19 am »
Well, tonight we finally got the menu/GUI doing something. We spent about two hours spinning our wheels, and I bet I pissed of Reaka (Chii), but we got it done. I'm very tired, and I have class in the morning. That's ok, I'm just so happy that we've finally gotten to a point of usability. Now, before we release, we need to get a different scene rendering in the background. (A nice Nebula, or something? I dunno.) Then, we need to impliment most of the menu's functionality. Right now, it quits, and it opens other menu windows. It's a start, but a long was from a completely working menu.

Didn't get to working on the system entity definitions. It's kinda taken a back seat to the GUI junk. I mean, it's important to get the GUI stuff done, but I don't want to loose steam on the Systems work.... I mean, we're so close to combat. Then, on to finishing networking. Then we can release. I figure, we've waited this long, I want to release big. Networking, combat, GUI, oh, man, this will be sweet. The game will be a fucking game!

After all that, then we'll make joysticks work, and impliment character creation, and start adding to the gameplay. Maybe complicate the ships some more, put a big ship in there, and do Capital Ship movement, and junk like that. It'll rock. I'm tired... It's sleep time.... maybe.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Mochi

Re: Major Progress, and bunches of Goodies Coming!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 05:41:43 pm »
=D, pretty intence!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 05:58:15 pm by Mochi »