Author Topic: Textmode Quake.  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Textmode Quake.
« on: January 28, 2006, 08:06:43 pm »
Yes, Virginia, there is a Satan. Want proof? Here ya go: http://webpages.mr.net/bobz/ttyquake/ss/. That's textmode quake. Yes, textmode. Done with ascii art. No, those aren't stages, they're screenshots. Please, check out the insanity, and discuss. I need to go buy frosting.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Textmode Quake.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 08:56:33 pm »
hmm. Your all going to hell.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 09:39:00 pm »
Holy shit.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 10:31:14 am »
I dont get it all i see is the console with some strange charecters and a screenshot of quake behind it.

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 03:54:24 pm »
That's freakin tight.
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Neo

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 06:34:31 pm »
Oh heck yeah. That's freaking awsome, someone had far to much time on thier hands when they wrote the program for that.

~Reynard

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 09:40:45 pm »
I dont get it all i see is the console with some strange charecters and a screenshot of quake behind it.

No, that's not it at all. It's a screenshot of quake rendered with nothing but ASCII characters. Trust me, I've installed it before.. it's ASCII quake!
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett