Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Development Update
« on: January 24, 2006, 08:34:14 am »
Well, I figured it's time for a development update. Currently, we're implementing Ship Systems, which will allow us to handle damage, and hence, combat. We're not in a position to do any sort of graphics in association with combat, aside from maybe something basic. However, by Thursday, there should be enough of Systems in there for testing... Which is pretty big progress.

Also, we're working implimenting the layout for a menu, and a skin for that menu, (in the interum it will be the default till the HUD contest is over, and it may still be included with the default HUD/Menu until we deem it unneeded.) which is coming along nicely. So, the next time you see the game, it will look markedly different.

Now, as far as Networking goes, it's been put on hold. We need to rethink our design, and get it down on paper before we can finish it. That's ok, but it means that it will take even longer before we see Networking... btu not too much longer. Hopefully only a few more weeks. (I know, I keep saying that.)

Just figured I'd let everyone know where we stand.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Re: Development Update
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 02:24:23 pm »
Sounds good  :).