Author Topic: Main Menu v2  (Read 3929 times)

MayorPhill

Main Menu v2
« on: December 26, 2005, 06:35:10 pm »
Ok folks.  Here is a revision of the main menu idea.  Sorry this took more than a few days:)  Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

http://www.freewebs.com/mayorphill/menu2.jpg

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Re: Main Menu v2
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 07:29:43 pm »
I like this one a lot.  Good work. :)

MayorPhill

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 08:10:02 pm »
Thanks ryguy!  One thing I forgot to mention about this is that we can use the font as long as we get permission from the creator.  Here's his contact information.

R. Gast
5818 Prophet's Rock Rd.
W. Lafayette, IN 47906
e-mail: [email protected]
URL: http://home.earthlink.net/~greywolfww/index.html

MayorPhill

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 03:09:13 pm »
Hey if anyone has any suggestions about how to improve this please let me know so I can get started on the next revision.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 06:58:26 pm »
Is there anyway to increase readability on the font without altering it to the point of being copyright infringement?
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

MayorPhill

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 05:24:04 pm »
Well, in retrospect I'm really not to satisfied with the font.  I'm not too sure where the best place to find font for commercial use is.  If you guys have any suggestions I'll do the searching to find the best font.  Thanks a bunch!

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 11:49:04 pm »
make your own
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

MayorPhill

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 12:20:28 am »
Good call :P

PhinnFort

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 07:56:35 am »
make your own
Do you know about any programs to make fonts under linux? Inkscape, maybe?

-PhinnFort

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 09:37:38 am »
Maybe.  You'd have to ask morgul or contingencyplan or someone who uses linux.  I only use linux when I'm working on the game server.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 12:53:21 pm »
I use Linux (fellow Gentoo lover, though I recently installed Gobo to try something different), but I'm not an "arteest," as I like to refer to those working on the art side of things. But maybe someone else around here knows.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal