Author Topic: Alpha Release v0.3.0  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Alpha Release v0.3.0
« on: April 26, 2005, 02:57:07 pm »
Our first Alpha Release! Right now, you can't do much, but eventually that will change.

Known Bugs:
    o Framerates decrease and eventually the game becomes unplayable after firing a good amount of projectiles. This is due to the fact that we have as of yet been unable to debug the removal of the projectiles from the game, so as of right now they just stick around indefinitely.
    o Setting the resolution to 1280x1024 will sometimes fail.
    o Sometimes you can actually fly through the asteroids and other objects instead of bouncing off them.
    o Most of the HUD is still not implemented, so the only things that really ever change are the FPS and the current speed.
    o Objects like the Archigos I and the asteroids don't move, they only rotate.
    o [Fixed] Key controls weren't very usable.
    o Mouse buttons don't always release. (They don't recieve a 'keyup' event.)
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline fehknt

• Special Users
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Alpha Release v0.3.0
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 11:13:03 pm »
Running: v0.3 on Win MCE 05

um, occasionally things seem to skip a beat, and I find myself further thatn I expected to have traveled in the amount of time that has passed, and I notice the frames jump up to 500 and then back down.  This seems to happen during a collision.  When I fly into (not all the way through) an astroid and have a continuous collision with it, then it jumps between 500 and a more reasonable value fast enough that both can be read simultaneously.

For the mousebuttons thing: as far as I can tell, a single quick click is counted as two mouse actions, while a single slow click is counted as a single action.  A lot of rapid clicking (firing twice per click, once on the down, and once on the up) can sure fire a lot of projectilies rapidly.  I don't know if this helps at all, probably not because you have this info already and then some. oh well.

I have not had a problem running at 1280x1024 yet.  Maybe I'm just lucky.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Alpha Release v0.3.0
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 12:48:23 pm »
Yeah, the framerates thing, from what I can tell, is due to some funkiness in the physics engine we're using.... right now we're rewriting our mechanics plugin (that uses the physics engine) to fix long-standing issues, and *hopefully* to repair this. We'll see if it's on our end, or if we need to do some work on the physics engine itself...

The 1280x1024 issue was me running it in fullscreen, on my desktop. No one else has had that issue, but to be safe it's listred as a 'bug'.

--Morgul
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 08:41:40 pm by whitelynx »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett