Author Topic: Nice Style of Manga  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Nice Style of Manga
« on: January 06, 2006, 10:51:35 pm »
Well. I am a moderate fan of manga and anime alike. I have my good ones and bads. I really liked how this was done by taking a regular manga character and putting her in a real life picture. Just the way it was done was nice.

http://www.unicorn1972.com/Pictures/OtherArtists/Manga/Shiori.jpg

Wonder if anime would be done like this. Interesting.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Re: Nice Style of Manga
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 01:26:00 am »
Cell animation like that seen in Akira would allow that to be EASILY done.  I'd love to see it done, but it'd take quite a bit of work.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

MayorPhill

Re: Nice Style of Manga
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 12:49:49 am »
Hey this is a realy nice piece, and I especially enjoy the integration of the cell shading with the real photography.  The only thing I would suggest is to find a correlatioin in vanishing points between a real life picture and the anime picture that was used.  Seeing the lights behind the girl's head in a different vanishing point compared to the reflection of the girl in the glass is a bit confusing even though they might be completly different planes.  Just keep note of differences like these and you'll be putting out great pieces!