Author Topic: Free internet  (Read 9519 times)

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
Free internet
« on: January 03, 2006, 06:23:09 pm »
Infernal has successfully legaly given his mother free 200 k / sec internet...
He has also successfully given his friend 350 k / sec internet...
He has givin himself 450 k / sec internet...

If anyone wants high bandwith free internet ill be happy to help. Its quite simple you can get it for around 12 bucks.  What you do is take a chinese parabolic cookware (A metal strainer, pan, or dish). You drill a hole through the center of it and stick a usb wireless internet adapter through it (8$ at newegg).

You now have a dish which gets up to 17 DBI's.  If you live in a suburb you should be able to get around 20 hotspots with that (10 secure, 10 insecure).  If you live in a city you should be able to get well over 100.

Now most likly you will be able to receive public internet (around 200 k / sec) from a public source (Library, school, museum).  This internet is completly leagle to use and is quite fast.

If you would like a higher bandwith you could try a users insecure hotspot or easily get past a secure hotspot ( I can run you through that).  That should give you over 1 mb/sec if your lucky.

If anyone wants to do this and needs help contact me and I will be happy to help.

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Re: Free internet
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 06:26:16 pm »
Wow.  That's pretty awesome lol...I don't need to use it but I have a few friends that might find it useful.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 07:25:43 pm »
well heres a site that might be usefull for them http://www.usbwifi.orcon.net.nz/

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 09:08:47 pm »
One question. How can that be used with the PSP? That would be handy so I can get better reception on the wireless network in our neighborhood and send a stronger signal. Is their a thing I can do that would work with the PSP to do that? Since it is wireless already I want to extend the wireless range.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 12:23:51 am »
One thing to notice, it's only legal if you're accessing public access hotspots.  Just because someone's stupid enough to leave their wireless unsecured doesn't mean it's legal.  Although . . . it is always fun to mess with network settings on someone who's stupid enough to do that.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 06:38:48 am »
hehe erm... yeah ... leagle... Hehe i can hack into secure ones as well.  The only thing they can do, is that hey can change their password but thats =D.
As for the psp I beleive it should work if you hook a usb into the psp then into a wireless usb and put that into a dish it should have the same effect...

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 05:24:05 pm »
The only way to secure it is through WEP. Basically a password. Although extending range on PSP will be very awesome.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 06:15:50 pm »
But there is something by the name i think its something like wepsniffler which cracks the WEP for you  :).

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 11:56:13 pm »
That's why I use WPA.  128 bit encryption. 

If I really need to get serious, I can crank out a 512 bit encryption, but I'd rather not.  If I catch someone on my network, I just mess with them.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 08:10:36 pm »
I am currently using someones network. I use it on the PSP too. And plus. I have many networks to choose from so there is no big deal. The cost is rougly 50 bucks for a setup like this. That include the USB wireless and teh and wire. I wonder if a coffee can is the best thing. I have a dishnetwork dish that I can use that got blown down so I should be able to get some insane connections soon.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 08:47:31 pm »
The setup is actually less then 20$.  If you go to newegg.com you can get a wireless 52 mbs usb wireless adapter for 8$ plus shipping.

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 09:23:48 pm »
Do'h. Too late. an anways. I didnt have to wait. I guess I am too lazy. :'(

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 09:29:07 pm »
eh, its aight im lazzzy to.  I prefer newegg cuz then i dont even have to go to the store =D.  The things winter does to me... Free internet rulesss

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 09:51:08 pm »
I would like to know how to get pass WEP on the PSP. I dont have a laptop but I would need something that would work only on the PSP. If you can give me a link and stuff that would be even better.

Thanks

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 10:29:45 am »
well the program I know is a program, and PSP cant run application so you would need to hack it on your comp and then type in the PW on your psp.

http://www.wirelesscon.com/live/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=2&POSTNUKESID=64db998dae0b570b1235a43e9e6e2b34

Theres a page with a few cracks.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 06:49:11 pm »
I do hate to be the bearer of bad news, but using *most* public internet sources, unless they advertise 'Free Wireless Internet', it is very illegal to do.

That being said, I've spent a good deal fo time cracking WEP, and I plan on geting into all the wireless accesspoints in my neighbor hood, so I can go roaming around town with Internet.

Now, however, if you have a verizon phone, there's a much easier way to get free internet, through the data cable... more on that latter, once I've confirmed it works, and only uses air-time minutes. (And it's about 128k/s)

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline [GoRC]STALION

• Lieutenant
  • Idle and Support [ #SKD ] on [ Gamesurge.net ]
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace... Idle and Support [ #SKD ] on [ Gamesurge.net ]
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 11:34:26 am »
hey well it is a pimpin way to get free internet... I THINK IT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA!
wher did u learn to do it... did you google it..
if you ever need help finding something never go to yahoo...
go to google..
http://www.google.com
but they dont help you with ur spelling.. i really need help wit my spelling. and i admit that.. :D
Idle and Support [ #SKD ] on [ Gamesurge.net ]

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 12:15:37 pm »
No kidding.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 01:43:34 pm »
hey well it is a pimpin way to get free internet... I THINK IT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA!
wher did u learn to do it... did you google it..
if you ever need help finding something never go to yahoo...
go to google..
http://www.google.com
but they dont help you with ur spelling.. i really need help wit my spelling. and i admit that.. :D
Haha I had a wireless internet card, saw all the hotspots and thought it would be logical to use a dish to get better reception.  Then i googled it and got poor mans wifi ( =.

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 02:26:27 pm »
Dish+wireless card= great signal.