Author Topic: CrystalSpace UV mapping...?  (Read 3903 times)

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
CrystalSpace UV mapping...?
« on: December 22, 2005, 05:38:03 pm »
Ok, blender is the hardest thing I've ever come across when it comes to texturing.  Does anyone know if CrystalSpace would be compatible with UVW maps so we dont' have to learn this?  We'll learn blender if its absolutely necessary...but if CrystalSpace would be compatible with UVW maps, then the textures would be easier to do therefore probably making them look better.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: CrystalSpace UV mapping...?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 06:09:51 pm »
..and if uvw maps won't work, will any kind of uv map work, even if its not with blender??

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 05:28:00 pm »
I can LSCM map in blender now.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 07:56:16 pm »
lscm is what we need. I dunno about te rest.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 07:06:18 am »
Ok, sounds good.   :P

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 09:21:11 am »
You should probably mention this somewhere but LSCM tutorials can only be found for version 2.34 of blender. Which means you will be having to revert back to the older versions on their website. Greybeards tutorial explains it well. Dont mind with rampshaders. That is for creating toony looks unless thats what you want in precursors..A cell shaded online space game which doesnt sound too bad.  ;) . But overall the process of LSCMing is pretty complicated and very tiring. Took me 2 hours to texture 6 objects and they were only 3 cylinders and 3 circles. It takes practice knowing where to put cut seams.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 02:38:43 pm »
You should probably mention this somewhere but LSCM tutorials can only be found for version 2.34 of blender. Which means you will be having to revert back to the older versions on their website. Greybeards tutorial explains it well. Dont mind with rampshaders. That is for creating toony looks unless thats what you want in precursors..A cell shaded online space game which doesnt sound too bad.  ;) . But overall the process of LSCMing is pretty complicated and very tiring. Took me 2 hours to texture 6 objects and they were only 3 cylinders and 3 circles. It takes practice knowing where to put cut seams.

It hasn't changed in the later versions of blender. You should be able to use the latter versions with that you've learned.

Yes, I know it's tiring, but this is the method that all professional games use, because it's the most optimized for games. Welcome to the world of videogame creation. It's annoying you can't use half of what 3ds has, but that's simply because 3ds isn't desinged for game ocntent creation; it's designed for making pretty graphics to either animate, or simple make renders of. *sigh* Such is life.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 05:41:58 pm »
I suggest finding some asparing 3D modelers and people who want to texture and I can show them how to use rhino and Blender for texturing. Reason is that I am needing some help. Ryguy is having some business to take care of and I think we need some more help. I would be willing to make a tutorial on how to use Blender and how to use Rhino for basic shapes and creating more complex shapes such as organic 3D models.

The newer version is is pretty much the same. Only the hotkeys have been changed. I have been too lazy to look for the hotkeys menu because I am insanely bored of texturing models.  :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 05:57:15 pm by National_Cookie »

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 08:22:56 pm »
I will be able to do more in a few days...just right now I am in South Carolina visiting my older brother who is in the navy.  I am working on things a little bit, but once I'm back home I will be able to help out more.  I will probably have a little time to work on things while here, but once I get back I can go full-time again.