Author Topic: future projects...  (Read 3519 times)

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
future projects...
« on: December 15, 2005, 06:42:59 pm »
I was just wondering, after precursors, will GNE keep making games?  And if so, are there any specifics on what currently?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: future projects...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 07:10:13 pm »
Most Certainly we will. There will be a sequl to precursors, I can assure you of that. Now, as far as the other ones we'll work on, I'm not really sure. I would like to see Contingencyplan's Tears of Thallis revisted, and possibly a couple other ideas I've had. (I would like to get permission to do some StarTrek and StarWars games. I waould love to revisit X-Wing or Tie-Fighter.) There's a host of remakes we would like to do... like Total Anihilation, Terminal Velocity, Full Throttle, and possible a few Babylon 5 games.

Actually, this brings up a nice point. While Precursors is a really big project, I would like to work on a small project; something limited in scope, able to be completed in  a maximum of a year, and then released. I will write another post on it...
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 07:17:36 pm »
Talking about a remake of TA, there's already one in progress - TA Spring. They're even releasing their code under the GPL. If we decide to do a TA remake, we'd definitely want to talk to these guys...

Hell, we might want to talk to them anyways, if for no other reason than getting to know them.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 12:11:51 am »
Hmm.. Possibly. I dunno, That's more Dave's obsession.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 02:11:14 am »
Well, Total Annihilation was one of the best games ever made. That's my view, anyways.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 05:18:54 am »
Ok, good. I was hoping there would be :D.