Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 3847 times)

MayorPhill

Hello everyone!
« on: December 15, 2005, 02:12:18 pm »
Hey folks, hows it going?  I'm new around here, I invited by contingencyplan to check out the website and to see if I could make a contribution to the project.  I'd love to help out with some of the concept art and 3d modelling.  I'm probably at the beginner level in both, but if there are any simple projects (especially with environment design) that need to be worked on I'd be happy to help.  Anyway, please let me know if you could use another member.  Thanks a bunch, make it a great day!

MayorPhill

Neo

Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 02:30:53 pm »
Nice to meet you, I'm moving your post to the General Open Discussion. You should know that there are some people on here that have 1337 graphic skills. I don't mean to brag, but only one of them is any good. Cosmo.

~Neo

MayorPhill

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 02:38:28 pm »
Hey no worries.  I'm just looking to learn and improve like anyone else.  Any assignments that people can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again!

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 06:17:25 pm »
YES, YOU'RE HERE! For freaking finally!

Anyways, glad to see you on here. For now, like I said to you earlier, just give a shot at the HUD contest.

Glad to see you here, and I look forward to seeing your work! If what you were doing for Thaliss was any indication, then the next few weeks should be VERY interesting...

Also, you said you were working with someone who was doing the 3D modelling of your stuff? What's become of him - are y'all still working together? If so, please invite him to the forums - the more the merrier!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

MayorPhill

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 02:24:24 pm »
Its going to be hard working with my friend.  He went home to Houston over the break.  His skill is ahead of mine, but I'm a quick learner so I'm just gonna give HUD contest a shot on my own.  I'm thinking the HUD will be mostly Photoshop, but I'll probably develop some custom models via MAX.  What material should I read through before starting on it?

Offline Cosmo

• Concept Artist
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 11:31:33 am »
Sup MajorPhill! Wecome to a very cool place.

TY Neo. /cry