Author Topic: When will models be ready to put into precursors?  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
When will models be ready to put into precursors?
« on: December 09, 2005, 02:26:12 pm »
Well I can see that everyone has something to say about the story line (that book that morguel or one of the guys made) but ryguy and I have been working on making some pretty badass stuff.(3D Models) When will our models be implemented when we are done. Or can they just be put in any time?

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Re: When will models be ready to put into precursors?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 03:38:03 pm »
[yea, me and national_cookie have decided that we're gonna be working together on the modeling; just so you kno]

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 05:12:29 pm »
The graphics ends of things we've not really done any solid work in. the goal's been, "get it working, then make it pretty." Because of that i've not even done research into what it would take to make things KICK ASS as far as models goes. The fact is, though, texturing needs to be done in Blender's UV mapping. There's no way around that; we can't get the modes textured in the game except that way. It's a sucky limitiation. I'll have dave write up a more coherent post soon.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Neo

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 07:33:30 pm »
One of these days dawn and I are going to get to modleing together. And no, I'm not talking about a show. 3D modleing... The force shall be with us. We scripted an entire profecinal website in one night for a jewlery store. I'm looking forward to some hot competition. and no, not modles... unless you mean female models then that would be ok.

~Neo

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 01:41:20 pm »
THAT is what we need! The G33X Nexus Hotties! Imagine the possibilities! Beautiful women, lined up to entice people to buy things from us, and play our games...

...yeah, right. Absolutly nothing would get done because the entire dev team would be too busy drooling, or trying to get the girls to feed us grapes. AND it would paint us as people who simply objectivy women, and don't have any real morals to speak of. Suddenly, it's not sounding like such a hot idea.

Ok, then how about turning it into an elite female gaming group that serves the same function, but pwns us repeatedly? Yeah, that might work. :P
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 09:55:44 am »
I can make G33X Nexus T-shirts.  :) And I make some pretty good graphics so hey. Antying is possible.  :)

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 11:33:06 am »
I would DEFINITELY buy a G33X Nexus T-shirt! (Depending on the design - be sure to post it here first before making it.)
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 02:24:41 pm »
I would too...but lemme see design first.