Author Topic: Model: Generic Tank & Swordfish from cowboy bebop.  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Model: Generic Tank & Swordfish from cowboy bebop.
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:11:44 am »
I am new to modeling. I kinda went overboard with the tank. I had too much fun. The tank was modeled and rendered in Rhino 3.0 Beta. The swordfish is almost finished. Its not complete in the engine area and the fuselage needs some loving. The Tracks on the tank are all done individualy. I want to animate then but I dont know how. I also need to know how to UV map. Any tutorial on how to do that in Rhino would be very nice.

Never mind about the UV tutorial. I need Deep Paint for UV mapping. I am completely new to 3D modeling. My only exposure to it was knowing how to use patch, trim, split, loft, cross sections hatch, and level 2 beams. The swordfish was done off of one picture I had of it and I had to do a lot of guessing in certain areas. Reason I didnt finish the engine was because the picture I had didnt show the engine that well.

The tank is actually a rip from the M1 Abrahms tank. I used three views in order to model this. I also did some custom stuff to it. More weapons are to be added and some textures need to be added aswell.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 09:16:33 am by National_Cookie »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: Model: Generic Tank & Swordfish from cowboy bebop.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 01:14:58 pm »
The tank looks very good. The sword fish, as you said, it needs some lovin', but it's getting there. I can atleast look at it, and know what it is.
Keep it up!

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 01:50:13 pm »
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 02:29:48 pm by National_Cookie »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 08:42:08 am »
[...]
I will try my hand at creating a spacestation for docking and such. My question is...will players get to walk around inside of them?

Yes. However the models that you see outside, and the interior the player sees not only *should* be seperate maps, but will be. However the dimensions of the interior maps *should fit* inside the exterior ones. (We are going to be doing a 1:1 scale)
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 09:02:25 am »
Ya. I figured. Your probably going to use teleportation when the ship enter docking sequence or w/e it does to dock.