Author Topic: What 3D program do you suggest?  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
What 3D program do you suggest?
« on: December 01, 2005, 12:50:23 pm »
Well. I am still learning 3D development so  can make some ships. My question is what 3D program you guys recommend? I currently am interested in using Rhinoceros. But I cant find any "good" tutorials for it. Any programs out there that are easier? and if so do you have any good tutorials for it?

regards,
National_Cookie

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
Re: What 3D program do you suggest?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 12:56:50 pm »
I'm not sure about "easier" but I use one called K3D. http://k3d.sourceforge.net It is open source so it will not cost you anything and has very detailed tutorials where you will learn alot about 3D modeling in general! Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come out with!
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 01:05:51 pm »
Price isnt really a factor since I can get practicly get any software I want. Althought experience is a problem. Thats why I want to learn some basics and move my way through. Just Like I did with photoshop. So is k3d really something I want to learn? or do I stick to something a little more in use by mainstream 3d artist.  :)

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 02:05:29 pm »
Well, Rhino3d claims that it has tutorials, But my experiance with the software is limted as I have only had the eval copy to play with. At the very least, if you invest several hours worth of time into learning the basics in K3D, Your skills will pay off in the future as you move to other applications you will remeber basic tools and such from k3d that will help you evalutate and manipulate your new program.

There is no knowlege that is not power.
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 02:06:03 pm »
I recomend blender (since it's the lowest common denominator for getting something into the game.) www.blender3d.org

There's tons of tutorials for it. Right there on the site.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 02:10:07 pm »