Author Topic: Morgul will be out of commision for a while.... (I'm back now.)  (Read 4612 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Morgul will be out of commision for a while.... (I'm back now.)
« on: November 30, 2005, 07:25:26 pm »
Ok, I need to let everyone know that I'm not going to be doing too much game or story related over the next few days. I don't know how reachable I will be, but I don't think I'll be doing much managing like stuff if I am... You see, my grandmother just passed away. I haven't talked to her for almost a year now, because I couldn't handle seeing/hearing her in all that pain. I couldn't handle that, and I kept telling myself that I would have the opertunity to make it up to her, eventually. Now, I don't have that.

Because of how much this has shaken me to my core, and how difficult it is for me to deal with, I'm not going to be pretty active for a week, or two. I don't know how much time I need, and this isn't a suspension on work for precursors by any means; it's a personal thing I need to deal with. In the lack of me bign around, I'm going to leave contingencyplan and whitelynx in charge of making all decisions in my absence. I will still be around on the forums to a degree (Who am I kidding? I read these things multiple times every day... they help me get through boring classes), but please understand that I'm not working on the game for a while. (Caenus, you can still ask me about anything you need regarding the concept art, since I don't want that going on hold... and it's pretty simple stuff for me.)

Other than that, prayers, and messages are appreciated. I will let you all know when I'm back, and working.

--Chris
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 07:11:02 pm by morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Morgul will be out of commision for a while....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 07:47:31 pm »
Take all the time you need man. Our prayers are with you.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 07:53:31 pm »
I kno how u feel....i mean, not exactly the same thing happened, but I lost a loved one before, and I understand the grief process takes time, so I just hope you feel better  :-[

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 09:25:48 pm »
Thanks guys.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Neo

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 11:13:26 am »
Well, I generaly am not good at stuff like this, I don't trust myself right now to say anthing more than this.

Sorry,

~Neo

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 03:40:41 pm »
Sorry about your loss Morgul. I know how it feels and I'll be praying for you.
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 12:34:33 am »
Ok, Well, I've had some time, and I still have a good deal of work I need to get done, aside from school, or the game, but I'm managing, and to be frank, I can't stay away. So I'm back to managing things, but I might be unavailable sometimes, or slow to work on things. It's ok, I am back, just not up to 100% yet. I'm going to be dealing with this stuff for months.... and I can't be away that long.

--Chris

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 02:22:56 am »
Yay, our fearless leader returns! Long live our fearless leader!

Oh wait, I guess that means I have to call off the party in the GNE headquarters offices... I mean, NOTHING! ...  :-[
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 10:32:05 am »
Call it off? Why?  :'( I was looking forward to the strippers....

Offline Noonien

• Developers
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://slashdot.org
Re: Morgul will be out of commision for a while.... (I'm back now.)
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 09:01:47 pm »
Hmm...GNE Headquarters with strippers inside. Hey wait.....isn't that our apartment??

;D

Glad your feeling better, I know how hard ya took it. Hope the break is going well for ya!
# Insert 3 laws here b/c it's too long for a sig.