Author Topic: mturk  (Read 6543 times)

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
mturk
« on: November 29, 2005, 03:11:44 pm »
www.mturk.com is an interesting new online job made by amazon.  Its a contracting job and the amount u get paid is on how fast you can click.  The jobs are called HITs short for human intelligence tasks, each one of these " hits" gives you 3 cents.  I can do about 5-6 a minute so i get about 8-9 bucks an hour ( not bad considering you can work however much you want and whenever)
now that pays more then my real job at a grocery store for 6.75 an hour =D

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: mturk
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 05:23:10 pm »
Yeah, I saw this on some forums a few days ago. Here's a set of forums dedicated to this:

http://www.turking.com/

I haven't had a chance to turk much, but I will definitely be checking it out - there's some programming books I want, and my mom likes to read too. A LOT. :)
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 02:08:36 pm »
wow thats extreemly helpfull! i was thinking of creating a preloading software to double my mturk income but its already there! ty man!

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 03:45:46 pm »
dang with mturking scripts iv upgraded my income to 20-30 bucks an hour nice! thanks again

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 02:59:06 pm »
Which scripts you use? I need to make some money off this, and I've only made like 5 bucks total. I'd love to be making $20-$30 an hour!
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 09:14:06 am »
wtf? Me want in too.  :) Me want earn lots money.

Offline Dawn

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 11:59:24 am »
Hey Infernal, Have you actually gotten payed any of the money that you claim to have made?
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 02:32:40 pm »
I need money. Someone please help me do this with mturk. Need intstructions now.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 06:32:44 pm »
-Dawn- yes u do get paid hehe amazon isnt currupt...yet ( =. jst a few accounts have problems tranferin to a bank account like mine but u jst have to talk to customer sopport and they fix it all up.  Iv made only 35$ to date.

What scripts do i use?: Open up mozila (its important ur in mozzila when u do this) go to www.turking.com make an account go into downloads turking help and then firefox extention.  Install the extention it will warn u that it might be a virus... dont worry its not. then once ur done u will be prompted to restart firefox. Do this and then go back to turking.com sign in go to downloads turking help then click on turkop.  It should come up with a long script click tools install user script... hapying turking!
any questions pm me

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 06:36:04 pm »
and correction im only making 8 bucks an hour with scripts considering theres no more picture hits and they gayed up the artist hits to make them take longer... but i should be making a good 20 dollars an hour once my qualification for podcast clears up...

PS: if ur fluent in french and english u can make an OK salary translating at mturk.com its only 1$ every 500 charecters but u can make around 20$ an hour doing that...

Offline Dawn

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 07:10:50 pm »
Lol, I am very fluent at it. I just used google translate... I haven't seen if they cleared me or not yet :)
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 08:15:41 pm »
LOL tell me if that works =D

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2005, 01:55:23 am »
I've made 60 bucks with this.  However, with the holidays, it's next to impossible to turk ANYTHING on mturk.com.  No HITs are available anymore.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005, 08:38:49 pm »
Yes, well i just received my qualification for Podcast.  Castingwords is opening up theyr online store soon so there will be many podcaste hits soon for qualified users giving an average of 4$ a peice ( =.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005, 01:40:48 am »
4 bucks?  Try 4 cents.  That's what it's telling me at least.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2005, 07:36:16 am »
no those are the unqualified podcastes.  If you take the qualification test, and pass, there are hits that take about 10 minutes to transcribe and give you from 3-6 dollars. Once whisperwords store opens up youll see more of those.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2005, 03:19:54 pm »
Interesting . . . I'll have to try that.

Neo

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2005, 04:21:19 pm »
Dialup does not alply.

~Neo :'(