Author Topic: Photoshop-Scarface Cover Effect help.  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Photoshop-Scarface Cover Effect help.
« on: November 29, 2005, 02:22:33 pm »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: Photoshop-Scarface Cover Effect help.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 02:54:26 pm »
I think you're talking about 'inversion', or 'color inversion'. It's a simple effect, I just can't remember how to do it. I need to fire up photoshop again, and see how to do it. I think it's just there in the menu somewhere...
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Neo

Re: Photoshop-Scarface Cover Effect help.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 12:22:59 am »
Ok, I was messing with photoshop and I think the dirrection that you need to go with is to 'desaturate' first. That takes out all the color (shift+control+u). Then the closest way I found to mimic the effect was to use the 'filter' 'Chalk and Charcoal'. I set the Charcoal area at '10-16' chalk to '10-16' and stroke pressure to '4'. It may help to invert the color or to sharpen the edges to gain the maximum effect.

===edit===

I didn't take to long to look at the other filters. At first I though Sumi-e would do the trick, but it didn't work as well as chalk and charcole. I would suggest trying out combinations of filters after desaturation. That should get you a *close* scarface effect.

~Neo
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:16:22 am by Neo »