Author Topic: HUD Contest Design: LeagueHUDVersion0.2  (Read 8947 times)

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: HUD Contest Design: LeagueHUDVersion0.2
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 12:22:24 pm »
Hahaha. I see you updated it w/o FPS  :) ::)

Neo

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 01:48:18 pm »
You're just jealus. :P

~Neo

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 02:29:34 pm »
Jelous*

Neo, That is looken nice dude! Question though... Is that background that you used from precursors of from something else?
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 05:36:04 pm »
That is from something else. I wish it was precursors.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 06:22:40 pm »
That's a picture from Starcraft - those are the Terran Wraiths and a Battlecruiser, iirc.

newbs. ;)

Though I agree - it would kick all SORTS of ass if that was from Precursors. Means we'd have more done than we actually do.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 08:43:16 pm »
Don't call me a noob. I KNEW where it was from. I just was answering in Dawn's terms. Didn't want to  confuse his poor, network ladden mind.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Neo

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 08:51:13 pm »
Quote from: contingencyplan
That's a picture from Starcraft - those are the Terran Wraiths and a Battlecruiser, iirc.

Don't forget the Valkarie, it's in the middle-to-lower left of the battle cruser.
Newb. lol
I was guessing that one day precursors would look somthing more like that. seeing as how morgul couldn't get me the screen shots without the HUDs that you have now, I had to improvise.

~Neo

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 09:44:57 pm »
Quote from: contingencyplan

Don't forget the Valkarie, it's in the middle-to-lower left of the battle cruser.
Newb. lol
I was guessing that one day precursors would look somthing more like that. seeing as how morgul couldn't get me the screen shots without the HUDs that you have now, I had to improvise.

~Neo

Ah yes, the Valkyrie... My bad.

Not bad improvisation, I might add.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Neo

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 03:16:59 am »
* Neo realises that he is usless and dissapears in a poof of nothing.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 10:04:53 am »
What are you talking about, useless dude?

I can't do computer graphics for JACK.  You'll be taking my concept stuff and making it real!
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Neo

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 11:11:46 am »
* Neo /=.*&$POOF$&*.=\

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 01:26:02 pm »
Heh - apologies Neo for hijacking your thread... I'll see if I can split it here in a sec.
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Neo

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 02:40:38 pm »
Heh, don't worrie about it. I'd have to say this is still my fav HUD of all the ones I've done so far.

~Neo

Offline Infernal

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 03:03:30 pm »
With reason too! I was going to make a 2000 frame interactive HUD with flash but after seeing this.... Dont want to waste a few hours of work =D.

Yesterday We Obeyed Kings And Bent Our Necks To Emperors. Today We Kneel Only To Truth - Kahlil Gibran

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 06:27:51 pm »
With reason too! I was going to make a 2000 frame interactive HUD with flash but after seeing this.... Dont want to waste a few hours of work =D.

Personally (and I'm not going to be the main judge in the contest), I'd think that your time will be better spent brainstorming about other ideas and refining the ones you've already come up with. A good start will impress us more than a fancy flash animation, especially if we already don't like the style. (Note: NOT talking about anything I've seen so far - just making a general statement.) In short, I'd recommend a shotgun-theory approach: Blast out as much stuff you can in the general direction of the target, and see what's sticking. Then adjust your aim, and fire again. :)
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Neo

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 06:50:02 pm »
* Neo notes that contingencyplan always sucked useing the shotgun in Counterstrike

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 06:55:42 pm »
..Ah, but I suck with anything, yet I'm the manager of the project... so I guess their's and inverse relationship between Cs skill, and project ability...

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 07:11:01 pm »
But a direct relation between CS skill and spelling skill?

Sorry, with the whole spelling thing going on in Infernal's application, figured I'd toss that in. :P
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 07:12:14 pm »
Yeah, true.