Author Topic: HUD Contest Design: Booyacon  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
HUD Contest Design: Booyacon
« on: November 16, 2005, 06:20:44 pm »
Well. Just to introduce myself I am Lonny. Like to submit my design. For now I just want to call it "booyacon". Designed it while watching Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

Heres me in a BlackHawk at Edwards Airforce Base.

I am one ugly mofo. :)

ANYWAYS...I got the idea from racing games and from Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies. I plan to transfer this over into  photoshop for further editing. I will continue to submit other aspects of the HUD in bits. For now this is the main console. I am not an artist but I plan to put a square grid on it (green) then put a purplish dark blue on it with some glossy effects and rust effects on wires. Post some suggestions.

Yeah yeah...its kinda hard to see some of the writting that is pointing to what control do what. The center is for health. The others I am still thinking about. Just curious if anyone wants to help me with this. I have a okay understanding of Photoshop but I am still learning. Any help on doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
National_Cookie
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 07:37:43 pm by morgul »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Re: HUD Contest Design: Booyacon
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 07:41:27 pm »
Edited the title to include the proper format. You might wanna post the picture of yourself in the introduction thread, instead of here... ;) Let me know, and I'll move it over, if you can't find it.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 09:17:05 am »
Sorry about that. I havent had enough time on the internet lately.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 11:21:37 am »
No problem. If you want, I'll start a pictures thread, and move the first half of your post there. That work?
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 12:51:44 pm »
Sure. Sorry about that. just that I'm pretty new. Any suggestion for my drawing? :) I forgot the ones you gave me in the AIM.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 01:02:02 pm »
Well, check out this page: http://www.g33xnexus.com/games/precursors/?content=The%20Universe&section=The%20Game/HUD%20Contest

On there is a nice section about what we'd like to see included in the design?

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 01:18:01 pm »
Like any specifics?. Like do you want the chat window separate from the HUD design or do you want to be connect to it. I think being able to dislocate it from the HUD and move it around would be a good idea.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 02:22:35 pm »
It's possible. I honestly don't have much of a feeling. How about showing a picture of what the chat window would look like? I'd give making it a seperate thing a shot. I just happen to like HUD's that feel liek every element was put there by desing, not added as an afterthought. So, keep that in mind.

Offline Oceanus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 05:43:47 pm »
I will re-due my sketch this weekend and color it with my professional kindergarder skills.  :P