Author Topic: A random observation...  (Read 14306 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
A random observation...
« on: November 15, 2005, 06:57:57 pm »
I just realized I'm a creepy forum stalker. I sit on the forums almost constantly. I mean, look at this: on the forums stats page, under most time online: morgul 18h 53m. Yeah, I spend waaaaay too much time online.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: A random observation...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 07:33:47 pm »
I'm almost as bad - 10.5 hours.

Go Forum Stalkers!
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 07:51:35 pm »
woot! We should hold a Forum Stalker award... every month we check the stats, and give out awards. :-p
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 07:54:28 pm »
That's not a bad idea - we have several statistics, and we can code up others as the need arises. We could likely just have a thing on the main board area that shows records - e.g., most posts total, most posts in a day, most time online, lurker award (fewest posts over the most time online), etc. I'm sure we could set it up where it automatically disqualifies at least forum admins and / or mods, since they're going to be (or should be) the most active on the forums anyways.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:18:34 pm »
Yikes . . .

Forum stalkers are the bane of mass posters like me - I like to see my name under EVERY "last post" section, and then one of you jackasses posts and I just HAVE to respond.  ;)
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 12:20:13 pm »
Yeah, I know how that is. ;)

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 12:24:58 pm »
Bastard!!  There, now I've posted my reply.  :)

Nah, I hate leaving posts that have nothing intelligent to say (i.e. spam).

But yeah, that's my tactic - log on, and post til no one replies.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 12:36:22 pm »
PRoblem is, you keep posting, and I'll keep posting... and neither of us will get anything useful done.

Except increasing our post count.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 12:37:22 pm »
I've got nothing to do til 5 o'clock tonight. ;D  Nah, this'll be the last time I throw this convo back at you.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 12:38:23 pm »
Neither do I. Bring it. ;) :-D

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 02:03:00 am »
Damn you.  Ah well, I will restrain myself from doing to much competitive posting.

Ah, who am I kidding?  We'll see whose post count goes higher (you use the admin panel to mess with it and I swear you'll wish you'd never been born).   ;)

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 01:34:02 pm »
I'm with you guys, we should have a stalker award.
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 12:56:42 am »
Actually I say we come up with several awards.  The stalker one would go to morgul too quickly.

I could get the Spammer award.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 01:12:55 am »
I guess I'm the only loser with no life, a laptops, and a wireless connection in most of the places he goes. It's not my fault the first tab I open in firefox is these forums, and then the GoRC forums. Sheesh. :P

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 01:15:41 am »
Heh, you just described me.  I'm ALWAYS on my laptop - unless I'm at work.

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 01:19:56 am »
I'm even on my laptop at work... during my breaks. But, no internet there. (It's a Purina Facotry. Ugggh.. I hade stupid jobs. I want a techie job!!!  >:( >:( >:()

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 01:21:00 am »
I work in a video store . . . I feel your pain.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 01:48:55 am »
Yay, I get to start working for Dr. Cooke over thxgiving break! That's gonna be fun, and very interesting.
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 11:36:10 am »
Sweet action!!  I'm negotiating with Dr. Strauss.  As soon as I graduate, he's gonna get me a job as a TA in the math department.

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 05:19:57 am »
I'm even on my laptop at work... during my breaks. But, no internet there. (It's a Purina Facotry. Ugggh.. I hade stupid jobs. I want a techie job!!!  >:( >:( >:()

...i have to work at a plant nursury....so dont talk to me about bad (even though im part-time tech guy :))