Author Topic: Corrupt a Wish...  (Read 179326 times)

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
Re: Corrupt a Wish...
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2005, 11:58:52 pm »
You have the money but your parents won't let you spend it. Of course, being the rebellous child that you are, you buy it anyway! only to find out that it is some cheap mxl peice of crap that sounds like poop. And you can't return it.

I wish that my Cisco 3620 had a NM-2FE WIC so that we could have 100Mbit at the Sovereign instead if the lame 10Mbit that we had...

Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2005, 12:07:26 am »
It has 100Mbit. But, it doesn't work worth shit, so it drops about 60% of the packets.

Aside 1: Thought we did have 100 Mbit at the Sovereign?

Aside 2: My roommate had to code a networking project for Systems - the prof had them drop packets on purpose to simulate packet loss. Fun.

I wish I had time to really relax this break.

edit: I can't spell "sovereign"...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 01:28:37 am by contingencyplan »
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2005, 01:59:08 am »
You have time to relax, but only because you're relaxing in prison waiting on your parents to post bail.

I wish I could have had a day off this week.  A holiday just isn't a holiday when you have to spend it making everyone else's holiday a good one.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2005, 03:34:56 pm »
You have Thanksgiving off, and decide to rent a movie. You go, and someone who works there feels the same way that you do. You get your life ruined by him.

I wish this triptophan wasn't kicking in right now.*yawn*
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2005, 12:59:09 am »
It's not . . . but only because you DIDN'T GET ANY TURKEY!!!

I wish I had a glass of chocolate milk.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline PieceMaker

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2005, 08:37:05 pm »
You do, in your face.

I wish I could put one in Fudge's face.
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2005, 02:51:38 am »
You do . . . but Fudge puts one in some other anatomical region. 

I wish I could sleep . . . my legs are so SORE.

Offline Dawn

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2005, 12:18:44 pm »
You can sleep, but are late to work because you didn't set your alarm and are fired. (probably a good thing though)

I wish that Caenus would make some concept art for the Terran Vulture Light Cruiser
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 12:36:14 pm by morgul »

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2005, 12:44:15 pm »
He does, and it's amazing. In fact, it's so good that he decides to give modeling it a shot, just to see. He ends up being so successful that he does all the models for all the ships in the game, and you don't get any credit. The game becomes sucessful all your friends are involved, and become rich, and you end up becoming so depressed Dawnet goes under. Burst buys it off you, and with GNE's help, turns it into the 2nd largest webhost in the country, under the new name, "BurstNet".

I wish Dawn, Caenus, Neo, Contingency, Lolly, Whitelynx, Piece and I could just put off whatever we should be doing right now (without consiquence), and just chill in the same place. Maybe watcha  movie, or play a board game, or something.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 12:40:04 am by morgul »
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2005, 10:58:35 pm »
I ain't corrupting that one, I think the correct response to that would be HELL YEAH!!!

Offline Keith

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2005, 11:10:28 pm »
He does, and it's amazing. In fact, it's so good that he decides to give modeling it a shot, just to see. He ends up being so successful that he does all the models for all the ships in the game, and you don't get any credit. The game becomes sucessful all your friends are involved, and become rich, and you end up becoming so depressed Dawnet goes under. Burst buys it off you, and with GNE's help, turns it into the 2nd largest webhost in the country, under the new name, "BurstNet".

I wish Dawn, Caenus, Neo, Contingency, Lolly, Whitelynx, Piece and I could just put off whatever we should be doing right now (without consiquence), and just chill in the same place. Maybe watcha  movie, or play a board game, or something.

while you are gone... the forums get taken over by noobs, leachers, and hackers. the ones who arnt in any of those groups are protest against you to get back and get the damn game made and finished.

I wish I saw a ghost, was terrified at first but came to find out how it died, and everything and became its friend : P

Neo

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2005, 12:27:49 am »
You do, but in becoming her friend you promis to avenge her death. She was a spy for comunist china and you must face down the entire elete group that was sent to kill her. You loose.

I wish that I already had the $50 that I'm going to win in the HUD contest.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2005, 12:42:05 am »
Whoa ho, mighty confident, aren't we? ;)

Anyways, okay, so you have the $50. But you spend it all on ale and whores (as a friend's T-shirt says).

I wish the sample code (actually, more like a web page with PICTURES of the sample Mathcad code) that I got for my SciComp class actually worked. I transcribe the damned things exactly as he has them, and they work! But only for the first iteration - after that, I get radically different answers!

%*#%ING SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING!!!!!

(Yes, I'll keep bitching about it until the end of the semester.)
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2005, 12:45:53 am »
[...]
(Yes, I'll keep bitching about it until the end of the semester.)

No, you'll bitch about it for a long time to come, too.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2005, 03:04:27 am »
You may be right about that... Just a plain evil course. EEEEEEEVVVVIIILLL!!!!  >:(
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline whitelynx

• GNE Founder
  • Head Code Monkey
  • Commodore
  • Internet Idiocy Pundit
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2005, 03:38:46 pm »
I wish the sample code (actually, more like a web page with PICTURES of the sample Mathcad code) that I got for my SciComp class actually worked. I transcribe the damned things exactly as he has them, and they work! But only for the first iteration - after that, I get radically different answers!

It works reliably, but takes 10 hours to finish calculating a single answer.

I wish I could get something done on networking. (coder's block is a bitch.)
"Without music, life is a mistake, a trial, an exile."
 - Nietzsche

Offline PieceMaker

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2005, 04:01:40 pm »
You get something done with your networking, but it's phone and not computer networking.

I wish that the sandstorm wasn't gone yet.

Neo

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2005, 06:57:06 pm »
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 06:59:32 pm by Neo »

Offline Dawn

• Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2005, 03:47:15 pm »

Offline PieceMaker

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2005, 11:55:44 am »