Author Topic: Corrupt a Wish...  (Read 179336 times)

Offline PieceMaker

• GN:EF Subcommander
  • Captain
  • I'm behind you. No really, look... Haha...shmuck!
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt a Wish...
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 05:00:15 pm »
The weather calms down, in fact it calms down forever and you think, at last, until you realize that infinite calm weather = no rain = no water = no life support = not good.

I wish I didn't have to go to town.
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 05:05:20 pm »
The weather calms down to 2 degrees with a wind chill of -5.

I wish that I got another raise
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Neo

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 06:13:59 pm »
Dawn gets another raise. Unfortunatly it's for a 40 yr old man that he meets at a bar.

I wish people knew how to play the game.

Offline Guardian

• Watching Over You
  • Captain
  • Watching over you.
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 07:39:04 pm »
A light clicks on over the world andf everyone figures out how to play the game, unfortunately it's not the game you're talking about!  :o Now everyone is playing an entirely different game and you're left out.  :'(

;D I wish I knew what was going on...  ::)
Peace is a lie, There is only Passion
Through Passion I gain Strength
Through Strength I gain Power
Through Power I gain Victory
Through Victory my chains are broken

The world of man must come to a quick, decisive end. Lest we waste our time on you any longer. ~The Fallen Angel
Falling from grace isn't nearly as painful as surviving the impact. ~The Tormented Angel

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 07:55:48 pm »
I explain it to you, and now you do understand. However, you realize you didn't want to know in the first place.

I wish Lolly and Fearless would post, since they've registered.... and they told me they would!  :'(
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005, 10:27:46 pm »
Lolly and Fearless both post, but they both say they hate you and are never coming back.

I wish that my software engineering class wasn't such busywork bullshit - I don't have time for this.

(It's formalized common sense with stick figures, boxes, and arbitrary, anal-retentive labelling for both.)
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 02:01:39 am »
It's not the busywork it is now, but now it's an in depth study of . . . LINEAR ALGEBRA!!! 

He he he, I know Brian's weakspot.  ;D

I wish for a white Christmas (and by that, I mean more than a light dusting of snow - I'm from Wyoming people!  WHERE ARE THE 4 FOOT SNOWDRIFTS I REMEMBER!?!?!?!)
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 02:26:22 am »
Well, not quite - my difficulties in linear are only a symptom of the larger evil:

SCIENTIFIC F*CKING COMPUTING

Being forced to take the GRAD level of that course would result in my death by suicide. Or just plain mental breakdown.

Oh, and here's your stupid snowdrifts. Unfortunately, the massive dump of snow causes the roof on your house (or apartment) to collapse, waking you up to your blessed white Christmas with a frigid "bmmmph".

Yeah, you got me all pissy now...

I wish that this semester would be over, and I'd finally have time to relax. You have no idea how close this semester has come to finally making my mind snap. I'd prefer to hold off on enjoying that moment as the last vestige of insanity leaves me, at least till my last semester. Then I can go wild. Yay.

Oh, and to make you happy, Caenus: "screw that."
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 02:30:04 am »
Glad I could piss you off and make you happy all at the same time.

:o

Anywho . . . The semester is over but you snap mentally when you discover some loophole that would have kept you from ever having to take Scientific Computing. 

(Ironically, they offered to let me take Grad level courses for dual credit - 3 hours billed to both my master's credit AND my 4000 level elective credit.  Good thing I won't be doing that)

I wish I could be there to see if when you snap (ready with a cattle prod and a straightjacket).
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline PieceMaker

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2005, 11:20:45 am »
Your there, but right before he snaps, you accidentally let it be known that you are the reason that he had to take that class. After restling for about five minutes, he get you in an arm lock, ties you up, and starts snapping you, first the fingers, then the toes...until he finally gets to the neck. Nighty night Cae.

I wish I knew electrical engineering so I could just design my entire computer and then make it. 16 gig graphics, 16 gig ram, 20 gig proc... Okay, highly unreal, but you gotta admit, that would be pretty cool.
The true hacker almost always accuses the non-hacker of doing the hacking. - PieceMaker

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2005, 11:56:42 am »
You major in electrical engineering and now have the the knowlege to build this super computer. Unfortuanelty, you went insane during your college years and right before you snapped, a close friend was waiting behind you with a cattle prod and a straight jacket. You spend the rest of your days in a white room while your friend is out there with the technical drawings to create this computer. He becomes a billionare. On your design.

I wish I had those plans.
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 12:51:46 pm »
You have them . . . but they are quickly confiscated by the government.  Your tongue is cut out to ensure your silence.

I wish I didn't have to mess with FREAKING EIGENVECTORS AND EIGENVALUES!!!

Stupid homework.

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2005, 01:57:20 pm »
Oh, but you do. Then you'll have to teach it to all of us (myself, Jon, Daniel, et al). No joke, either... :-/

I wish I didn't have to learn all that junk either.
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2005, 02:23:38 pm »
You don't. Dropping out, anf becoming a gypse is always an option.

I wish I could sort my life out, and figure out what the hell I'm doing.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2005, 04:42:34 pm »
You sort your life out and then discover that you aren't doing anything worthwhile.  You live in despair at your uselessness. 

I wish I didn't have to work all week next week.

(Contingency, I'll help you guys as best I can . . .)

Offline PieceMaker

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2005, 05:32:22 pm »
You don't work all week next week,  but have to work for a straight month afterwards.

I wish I had content for the other pages of my mom's website.

Offline Chii

• Resident Innocent
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2005, 09:58:46 pm »
You have content for it and you think it's awesome and post it. Unfortunately, your mom and everyone else hates it and they disown you.

I wish the semester were over and I didn't have so much work to do.
~*< Believe in yourself and all things are possible >*~

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2005, 12:48:53 am »
You don't have as much work to do and the semester is over.  However you find yourself stricken with terminal boredom.  You die two days before Christmas.

I wish I had the ability to dilate time at will. 

Einstein, eat your heart out!

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2005, 09:25:36 am »
You don't have as much work to do and the semester is over.  However you find yourself stricken with terminal boredom.  You die two days before Christmas.[...]
ROTFLMAO!!! You have no idea! She really would! She can't be idle for more than 5 minutes without going insane.

Anyway... you are granted your request. In fact, everyone has the ability to dilate time... when traveling close to the speed of light. So, you're given a spaceship that travels at those velocities. The first time you use it, you come back 100,000,000 million years into the future. Humanity no longer exists. You're alone, with your math, and your solitary copy of CS, which is no fun to play alone. You die 2 days after Christmas.

I wish I had the power to teleport whereever I wanted whenever I wanted.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2005, 10:41:31 am »
At least I got Christmas. 

You have the ability to do so, but you fail to take Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle into account.  The first time you do so, you are scattered across the galaxy into millions of quantum particles.

So much for that.

I wish I could dilate time WITHOUT a ship, but rather with psychokinetic powers, and from a reverse perspective.  (i.e. I wish I could freeze the rest of the world - nice little vacation for me and my sweetie, all on the lunch hour).