Author Topic: Player expansion of the game  (Read 4402 times)

Offline BigDan

• Special Users
  • Ensign
    • View Profile
Player expansion of the game
« on: August 14, 2005, 11:19:32 am »
The players could build there own worlds to add to the actual size of the universe and alow for ever greater expansion through a builder portion like found in Never Winter Nights.
Then when it passes the inspection of the admins it can be added to the whole of the universe.

you see in this way it lends a fealing ownership to the players and frees up some of the efforts of the code wrighters to create all these different worlds.

start the game with some basic places and let the players expand the game horizens within the playable areas.

all they have to do is create there areas and up load to the sight ,after the admins chech them out for bugs and aprove them they are loaded into the "MATRIX" where ever the admins see fit to put them and thus expanding the universe ever more.

Offline Chii

• Resident Innocent
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Player expansion of the game
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 10:38:36 pm »
Good Idea. I like it.
~*< Believe in yourself and all things are possible >*~

Offline ryguy_1617

• 3d Modeler
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • http://flashcubestudios.com
Re: Player expansion of the game
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 06:58:40 am »
...maybe there could be more universe than is apparent to many players, and that would allow players to be able to explore and map out more territory.

Neo

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 04:12:49 pm »
As great as that Idea sounds, it would be difficult to upload THAT many planets. Perhaps instead we allow Clans to "buy" the ability to create a planet. Take away from thier current money (so many trillians of credits) and let them make thier own. They would have to defend it themselfs and all that good stuff, maybe even alliences of clans could buy a planet. The trading that is opened and the space stronghold it provides is more than enough ensentive.
Sorta like buying a stationary DEATHSTAR without the button that you press that makes it blow up.

~Neo

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 12:33:21 am »
Hmmmm . . . I'm digging that.  We could even have regions of planets for "rent".  Imagine the interesting FPS stages you could have if two warring factions purchased space on the same planet.
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Offline Dawn

• Little Pink Man in Pink
  • Lieutenant Commander
    • View Profile
    • Dawnet
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 04:08:13 pm »
Lol, Yeah I got a little deeper into this subject in development... http://forums.g33xnexus.com/index.php/topic,21.msg1547.html#msg1547

Basically stating that clans/alliances should be able to purchase "states" on planets. And every planet should have so many states/countries. If your alliance is very big and powerfull it could potentially conquer an entire planet but it should be extreemly difficult to attain, and hold all of this teritory, and it should require the corporate work of an alliance/clan to do this. At least that is what I invision anyway...
Daddy, What does formatting drive c: mean?