Open Discussion > General Discussion

Sports Discussion

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kmd4390:
He is a better QB than Rodgers is. The only problem is that Rodgers is the team's future and has sat on the bench for too long.

I think Green Bay would have been a better team this year if Favre had started for them. I think they are better in the long run without him.

I think he will play well in New York. I considered Favre the best QB in the league last year. He didn't have a Moss/Welker, Wayne/Harrison, or Owens on his team. He had Jennings who is a good reciever but he is NOT a Randy Moss caliber player. Assuming Favre is still in shape, the Jets look like the #2 team in the division and should compete for a wild card spot this year.

Every sport has a Brett Favre. (Roger Clemens who is finally more than likely gone, Mark Martin, Greg Norman, hell I even work with some one who does this.) These people all say that they are done or close to done and then keep going.

I love the comparison to sex by the way. :rofl:

Tokes:
The real question is, assuming the Favre mess didn't happen, what were the Jets thinking having Pennington number one on the depth chart?  Absolute madness.

Kmd4390:
Pennington isn't that bad. He has a reputation of being fragile but he isn't a bad QB.
I just saw this morning that they released Pennington.

What team does everyone think he will end up with?

My money is on Miami. The way it is now, it looks like Josh McCown is their starter. If not him, it's Beck or Henne. Pennington would be a good fit to start. If anything happens to him, they are back where they would be anyway with three QBs who could start.

Tokes:

--- Quote from: Kmd4390 on August 07, 2008, 06:38:05 pm ---Pennington isn't that bad. He has a reputation of being fragile but he isn't a bad QB.
I just saw this morning that they released Pennington.

What team does everyone think he will end up with?

My money is on Miami. The way it is now, it looks like Josh McCown is their starter. If not him, it's Beck or Henne. Pennington would be a good fit to start. If anything happens to him, they are back where they would be anyway with three QBs who could start.

--- End quote ---

He's one of those guys who is good when he isn't injured (which is often), and when he doesn't have to throw more than 20 yards up the field.  Miami isn't a bad bet, though I doubt Parcells wants someone 'broken' to rise his team from the grave.

Kmd4390:
Pennington alone won't fix the team. Miami has made several moves this offseason. I'm not going to call the Dolphins a playoff team if they get Pennington (or anyone else) but I can see them signing him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version