Open Discussion > General Discussion

Introduction Thread: New users, please post here!

<< < (3/96) > >>

contingencyplan:
Physics + CS... ouch. Just judging by the Physics department here, at least... :-(  (good teachers, hard tests...)

Anyways, blessings on your studies! Glad to hear your ideas, too.

And to everyone, like fehknt said, this place is for sounding off ideas - don't worry about appearing foolish (of course exercise some common sense - post something beyond "the game sucks. the end.").

~Brian

Shadowics:

--- Quote from: "contingencyplan" ---Dangit, now we got Chris1 and Chris2...  Now how am I going to keep them straight? ;-)
--- End quote ---

Who are you talking about... Case?

Anyway, Hello everybody. I'm Shadowics, or just Shadow, and I knew Case (aka Morgul) from High School.

Right now, I'm a Student of Software Engineering at the Rochester Institute of Technology.

Apparently, the Case thinks I have some interesting ideas for the game, which I'll be posting over in development in a little bit, in the mean time, I'll tell you a bit about myself.

I'm 19, single, and spend most of my time sitting in front of my computer, either programming, playing games, or both at once. My computer, incidentally, is a laptop which goes just about everywhere with me. I've even been known to sleep with it on occasion.

For writing code, I prefer Java right now, though conceptually all programming languages are rather simliar; so I'll try to help out with out getting my hands dirty mucking around in C.

Also, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so my code would tend to be more on the ambitious side anyway...

Well, that's about all about me, talk to you all later.

Brandano:
Hello, I am Brandano, I do things. Actually, My name IRL is Alessandro Garosi, and I mainly do low poly models. I have been long a member of The Diuturnal Order (http://www.diuturnal.com), an XvT squadron, and for a while we topped the ranks of the european sqwuadrons. But the games evolved, XvT was forgotten and my beloved tight dogfights have disappeared. I set out with the idea of making a small dogfighting game with CrystalSpace and Python, but I intercepted Morgul on the CrystalSpace IRC channels and gatecrashed the party :). I can't offer much commitment, I lead 6 or 7 lives already, but let's see where we can get, ok? I can also program in a few languages like Java or Python and a little C-C++, and I coded a Blender Netimmerse (Morrowind) importer, you can get it on the Yahoo NIFLA  group (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/NIFLA/) . But I don't have much experience with the sort of realtime stuff used in games, so I'll leave the programming to the experts

Watercolor Wolf:
Hey Everyone, my name is Cory, and I'm one of the developers of Precursors.  My gig is mostly with art, design, and critical anaylasis.  I'm currently working on a lot of the ship, race and cultural visual concepts of the game.  I'm currently an illustration student at SUNY Fredonia, and I've had some of my work published.  I've also got my work on Deviant Art (http://galfmizal.deviantart.com/)  just in case you want some examples to look at until I get my current work projects finished and Chris scans them.  I've got a lot of hobbies, most of which include pen and paper gaming for over 13 years.  I hope that my concepts of Role playing will help shape Chris's ideas for an interactive and fun experience in Precursors.

Dewbacca:
Hello, Dewy here. I was feeling old until I read BigDan's warm welcome. I'm only 38 hahaha... with a wife and 2 kids, so well met all.

My background is more from the playerside of games with a lot of Doom2, and XvT... all the way back to Elite on my old Commadore 64. I am a big fan of Stratagy games like Civ, BotF, Rebellion and such. But my most extensive gaming / Programming has been taking my years of experience as a Dungeon master in AD&D, and applying it towards the mMorpg ultima online and its Free Emulator community. Some limited success, but I didn't really expect a lot of response as I was just learning and experimenting.

I ran across this project mentioned in the CrystalSpace forums and see it has some wonderful concepts that I was also envisioning. Mmorpg is the future of gaming, and I believe it has not been done well to date in the sci-fi genre.

I will be honest though, this is different from my concept in many ways (although I still have much to read about it) and do not know how much support I can offer and still persue my own vision. I certainly do not want to distract from this project and will attempt to provide applicable suggestions that are constructive.

I do commend this team and their efforts, and will drop in from time to time and see if I can be of any assistance.

Good luck, and Godspeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version