G33X Nexus Entertainment > General Announcements

Welcome the New Webmaster, and Head of Public Relations!

(1/3) > >>

Morgul:
I have offically granted NeoLithic the position of GNE Webmaster, and HEad of the Public Relations department. Please welcome him, and introduce yourself if you've not already.

Now, what does this mean? Well, it means the news on the site will get updated more often. It also means that we're going to get a bunch of traffic in the next few days.

As far as the website redesign, and everything, Neolithic is the webmaster. He's not the web designer. I don't know his html skills, but think of him as a manager for web related stuff. he's not going to be coding the site, he's going to be working with the content on it. So, basically, nothing's changed, except for more frequent updates.

contingencyplan:
Welcome, NeoLithic. <checkmark>

I'm contingencyplan, the shadow mage of coding and resident ivory tower theorist. <checkmark>

As far as more frequent updates, kickass! One question: would putting the blog module up on the Trac be helpful in this regard? See for an example.

Morgul:
Actually, it might be rather neat/useful.

Caenus:
Welcome NeoLithic!  As webmaster for another company, I can honestly say . . . I don't envy your job.  :P

Anywho, I am Caenus, Head of Content Design and President of the Art Department.  Anything regarding the look of anything must go through me and then on to Morgul.  (I'm also working on designing the look of the site you're coding)

A thought about blogging.  I think it'd be great for each department to have a blog that its members can write to.  The coding department, the PR department, the Art department, etc, etc, etc.

contingencyplan:
I don't know how well that will work, if we're planning on doing everything through Trac. I'll have to look at that, but to my knowledge, there's *one* blog. I'll see if you can get it to filter stuff, though. I think you can.

So what does our new webmaster think of the idea?

Also, if we're planning on doing a lot of blogging, rather than just using it for news regarding the game, we might consier using actual blog software, rather than the TracBlog plugin. Any thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version