Author Topic: Waiting for the vote...  (Read 7733 times)

Neo

Waiting for the vote...
« on: January 30, 2006, 06:37:11 pm »
Well, here it is two days after the extended contest ends and we still have yet to see the unfinished hud after the deadline (two deadlines) and there isn't a vote topic. :/

~Reynard

Offline Keith

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting for the vote...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:26:38 pm »
Reynard, you can just cry.

If the admins dont say anything about it, it must not be all too important, right?

Just let the admins worry about stuff that concerns them, not your bitchy atitude o.O

Neo

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 07:53:40 pm »
:P This is true, but they HAD said somthing about it in general disscussion. For some reason I can no longer find the topic. But I'd at least like to know somthing is happening. I've been waiting for well over a month for somthing to happen, and I'm a bit apprehensive. I didn't mean to sound 'bitchy' but I guess it came accross that way. Work was not good today. (name a day that it isn't) But I've calmed down a bit. I wouldn't mind if this also were taken off my mind for the time being, or to at least know what the plan is so I don't feel like I have to check the forums every hour I'm home.

~Reynard

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 09:32:36 pm »
We are in the middle of a change in development policy and trying to get more steam behind our development efforts so we can release some new stuff (since it's been a while since our last release). We'll get to the HUD contest in due time, and we'll let you know when the voting and whatnot has begun. Until then, play some CS to take your mind off of things :).
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 11:48:41 pm »
Exactly. There is only one more entry to get in here, and the only reason I'm holding it open is because he's been working on it for a month or so, and he's been getting snowed under in classes, and personal problems. So, I promised him I'd let him enter. He's getting it to me by Thursday, and The Community vote will start Then. I'm now posting a thread to explain how this will work.

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Neo

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 12:03:16 am »
Thanks

~Reynard

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 01:56:18 am »
Keith, please don't vigilante mod.  I know we're more relaxed here, but accusing someone of having a bitchy attitude just isn't nice.

And before you accuse me of vigilante modding, realize that I'm a forum admin. 
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Neo

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 09:09:04 am »
It's all good Cae, he and I talked over IM about it. We've desided he's an a-- Butthole and I am awsome. But, realy, what other dessision could we come up with? (sorry, I had to get that joke in, it's all good)

~Reynard

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 03:56:13 pm »
Dude - if you're going to say "asshole", then say "asshole". "Butthole" is bad, and "a-- Butthole" is even worse.

:)
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Neo

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 05:47:30 am »
hmmm... IS butthair acceptable? 'cuase you know your a butthair. Kinda curly... awww isn't it cute.

~Jaren

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 08:11:14 am »
Dude . . . what are you smoking?

And where do I get some?
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Neo

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 08:40:36 am »
Dandilions I.E. Poor man's weed. You can grow it yourself in your own back yard. The only thing is your have to smoke ALOT to get anything from it. Now liquid dandilions, shoot some of that and your set.

~Reynard

P.S. Brian is a cute curly brown butthair!

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 09:33:36 am »
And no, butthair is worse. Much, much worse. As in: "Keep it up and wake up less than alive. I know where you live."
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 10:01:15 am »
Okay . . . we could call you dingleberry.

Neo

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 01:21:09 pm »
Or dingalingaling.

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 03:11:43 pm »
*smacks Reynard*

Welcome to the dipshit club.  Here's your hat.

Pookie is the reigning dipshit president.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 01:35:45 am by Caenus »

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 04:47:55 pm »
Heh - If you want to call me something, call me Pookie.

Ask Richard if / when you meet him. Or, half the CS department for that matter, but Richard's the source of that accurssed (though funny) nickname.
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 05:56:34 pm »
Oh, no, please explain this name.
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 01:36:21 am »
He he he - this I gotta hear.

Oh you need to tell about your wonderful prank.  ;D

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 01:44:20 am »
As far as the nickname, some other time.

As far as the prank, only after I get the call with my friend on the other end yelling "Fuck you, Brian!"
    ~Robert Wilensky

~GK Chesterton

~Blaise Pascal

Neo

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 05:30:20 pm »
* Reynard goes to play CS