Author Topic: Getting a Ships into the game.  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Morgul

• GNE Founder
  • Grand Admiral
  • Godlike Fuzzy Dice
    • View Profile
    • G33X Nexus Entertainment
Getting a Ships into the game.
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:44:50 pm »
Well, as I write this, I'm looking over at whitelynx' screen, which has 95% of the networking code done on it. We'll have something going here pretty soon.. maybe even tonight. We've got the backend for a HUD/Menu system, and all that. So, what do we need tbefore we can stun people with a networking release? Pretty simple: We need ships to fly around. I want a total of five ships to put into the game... most of them will be small ships. I can come up with sizes, and designs... but people need to sketch them, and model them.

I would then like to take one of the ships and go straight through the design process, and put it in the game, and get it 'release' quality. We'll see which one we want to do that with. We can do it with more than one, but I want to atleast do one, and see where it goes.

So, whatcha think?

--Chris
"Just because my math may tell lies doesn't mean that I don't understand the quantum mechanics of it all." --Caenus

The popular videogame "Doom" is based loosely around the time Satan borrowed two bucks from Vin Diesel and forgot to pay him back.

"In the beginning there was nothing. And it exploded." --Terry Pratchett

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Getting a Ships into the game.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 05:46:05 pm »
Sounds good. We'll need our concept arteests to come up with the designs, and our modellers to do all the fancy 3d work, but I think it's very doable. Five's a good number, though we might have to decrease it to 3.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Offline Caenus

• Married Man
  • Concept Artist
  • Grand Admiral
  • That, I cannot do.
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 06:55:16 pm »
Hey, Contingency - if I get the sketches to you, can you get them to morgul?
Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Neo

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 07:48:09 pm »
I need you to show me how to set up crystal space tonight! can you put it on a CD for me brian?

~Reynard

Offline contingencyplan

• Villain
  • Ivory-Tower Theorist
  • Admiral
  • Must I sin once, and repent forever?
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 03:14:12 am »
I think I could do something like that. Not tonight or tomorrow night, but very soon.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. 
    ~Robert Wilensky

It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
    ~GK Chesterton

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.
    ~Blaise Pascal

Neo

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 06:03:27 pm »
Roger that.

~Reynard

(but now that morgul has cleared up a missconception that I had there is no need. LOL) <- newb
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 07:59:30 pm by Reynard »